Legislative requirements for ensuring the identification of users of guest Wi-Fi networks exist in most CIS countries. In particular, in Uzbekistan they are regulated by order of the Minister for Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated 05.21.2018 No. 137.
To monetize the network, shareware access is organized, in which Wi-Fi users can connect to the Internet for free with periodic viewing of targeted advertising, or they can purchase a periodic subscription to a connection without advertising, at an increased speed.
Our specialists, working together with our exclusive representative in the Central Asian region, Light Technologies, have built and launched the WNAM authorization system, which has the following distinctive features:
- Fail-safe system based on the data center of JSC Uzbektelecom
- Interaction with payment systems for receiving payments for Internet access
- Special mechanism of paid / free access on the instructions of the Customer
- Integration with a local SORM system that meets all security requirements
- Organization of chains of ad units with support for video content, and local targeting
The implementation of wireless guest access to a Wi-Fi network in the Republic of Uzbekistan is a good example of the implementation of the WNAM system on the network of a national telecom operator.
Wi-Fi ad unit example